This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Workstation, I Dominate Thee!

Today was a bit of a battle.  I was playing ping pong with my computer, various software installs, updates, service packs and was engaged in a few order of operation fights.

I did emerge victoriously, however, and my dev workstation is prepped and ready to go, featuring (but not limited to):

  • Vista x64 SP1, fully patched
  • Virtual PC 2007 (v6)
  • Visual Studio 2008 SP1 with Silverlight 2, Silverlight 3 and WPF toolkits and futures installed
  • Expression Blend 2
  • SQL Server Express 2008
  • The latest MSDN Library (local)
  • IIS 7
  • .Net 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 with all patches and service packs
  • MS Office 2007
  • Live writer (go blog!)
  • ISO Buster
  • Virtual Clone Drive
  • Dart powerSNMP
  • Chrome, IE8 and Firefox.  Not Safari.  I’d rather take Singular for the C-64.

I was also able to get my DDL pulled off the temp machine I was using last week and have a new database setup locally to develop against.

Should be able to hit the ground running by Wednesday; tomorrow I’ll finish getting my servers running for my dev environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment