This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mixed Messages

I started into creating some jobs today that would ensure synchronicity between a couple of databases and ran into a problem getting the SQL Server Agent service running on one of the machines.

Normally this is trivial to resolve, you start the service or change some permissions for the login that you’re using and away you go.

I saw a series of errors that lead me down those paths, but unfortunately neither resolved the issue.  To further complicate things I (believe I) have created a couple of jobs that I don’t know are running or not.  Mind you, I’ll know tomorrow as I’ve run TRUNCATE against a table that should be populated if it is ;o)

What it came down to (after a series of wasted efforts) is the following message:

The edition of SQL Server that installed this service does not support SQL Server Agent.

Also, I was digging around a bit and found the following error message in SSIS:

The SQL Server Execute Package Utility requires Integration Services to be installed by one of these editions of SQL Server 2008: Standard, Enterprise, Developer, or Evaluation. To install Integration Services, run SQL Server Setup and select Integration Services.

No fix yet, but I suspect a botched install and will try to figure out what happened tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment