This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SQL Data Transfers

Still working through the scripts required to transfer the data over, but at least now I have completed the mapping (and the target data model) for the new database.

My script to suck over all old data is working nightly and I have downloaded the requirements for reporting that will be needed.  I have also drafted a couple of report concepts that should start providing the needed  proofs that the transfers are working as expected.

At this point, it’s just a matter of working through any of the related tables that have ‘hidden’ customer data in them to make sure that we’ve got all the data captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment