This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ode to Solar Winds

Polling servers collect data
Database stores data
Hard disk fills up and starts to fail

My relationship with Solar Winds is already in jeopardy and, if all goes well, it will be very short lived.  >:o|

I spent the better part of today trying to nuke old data (5 years old+) that hasn’t been and will not again be used.

I’m fighting with a number of things: (very) limited RAM, a completely full drive, 99% fragmentation and over 700 errors in most of the highly-populated tables.  Not to mention the fact that the drive is failing and most repair attempts fail when I try to run them against the files.

*sigh*

Three weeks, three pinless grenades.  Sweeeeet…heheh…good thing I know how to juggle ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment