I thought I was losing my mind for a few minutes this AM as I was having trouble getting Intellisense to kick in for part of my query. I kept getting ‘Invalid Object Name’ errors on some of my table and columns, but it didn’t seem consistent at first.
I quickly realized that new tables and columns we’re getting picked up by the engine. I closed my query window, started a new one and tried again. No love.
So I closed SSMS and opened it back up…worked a treat. So I said to myself it must be caching somewhere…and off to Google I went.
Apparently not a new problem, a post existed already on the MSDN forums. So I spin up SSMS again to use the Edit->Intellisense->Refresh Local Cache and *Bam* …not there.
At first, anyways. You can only get at the Intellisense when a query editor is open. My mind went straight there as I am completely on board with context. Love it.
Here are the commands you’ll find in that menu:
- List Members (Control + J)
- Complete Word (Alt + Right Arrow)
- Parameter Information (Control + Shift + Space)
- Quick Info (Control-K + Control-I, this is a chord)
- Refresh Local Cache (Control + Shift + R)