This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

First Day

New job, new blog, great first day.

While I was employed to architect and develop the new management system for the company, I have also been charged with getting some basic security configured.

After a quick inventory, there are about 30 touch points that need to be addressed from a security standpoint; we'll tackle those tomorrrow.

The system that I'll be replacing has a lot of manual process. The core of the beast was developed pre-2000 and was actively added to for several years.  Over the last little while it has mostly been band-aids that have been used to patch it up and tweak it to meet changing needs.

It is a MySQL/ASP (classic) solution...and it's on a failing server, if not a server that is at end-of-life.

Great team here, good mindset, lots of equipment and high expectations.  Should be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment