This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Visualization – Where all the Cool Data Hangs Out

One of the things that I struggle with is convincing users that they don’t just want to see a list.  We’ve trained them to not believe that (nearly all useful data has been presented as lists for decades).  I posted on that here a few weeks ago.

I showed a couple people yesterday some of the cool things that can be achieved if you use some of the technologies that are out there, primarily Silverlight and DeepZoom.

There is a brief but pointed commentary from one of the folks involved in MIX – a conference that I’m hoping to attend next year.  If you’re interested, be sure to check out the Descry project for some samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment