This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And That’s How They Do It Near Blood

I was pulled in an number of directions today but did get a great chance to lunch with an old friend who’s now in a fairly senior position at the regional hospital.

After grabbing some Chinese buffet we headed over for a complete tour of the data centre and backup facilities, and had a few good conversations about virtualization, remote management, server room cooling and one heck of a large battery backup system with three cores connected to dually-redundant power supplies on all their servers.

In otherwords: yum.

Came back to the office and chewed through some planning stuff with one of my bosses.  Little bit of role reversal there as we had some fun and I challenged him to make a business case for a bunch of work he wanted me to do.

;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment