This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Unicorns and Rainbows – StackOverflow April Fool’s Joke

Not bad, guys, not bad.

I was taken aback a little today when I logged into StackOverflow and started surfing around. I asked a question and noticed my profile image had changed.

To a unicorn with rainbows.

I ended up going on a bit of a hunt as I wanted to correct the image as quickly as possible. I’m not really into rainbows and especially not unicorns.

I went to Gravatar and couldn’t remember my log in. A password reset later, and, sure enough, my existing profile image was there.

I headed back to StackOverflow and, remembering the date, started clicking on profiles. Nice.

image image image image

I totally fell for the prank. I actually thought there was some kind of copyright thing or something because I look so much like Brad Pitt and maybe they thought I was using one of his profile pictures…

No comments:

Post a Comment