This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

ASP.NET MVC2 Project Updates

I just fired up a default, empty MVC2 project in Visual Studio 2010 and the following previous gripes of mine have been addressed:

  • The assemblies section of the web.config has the correct references for Abstractions and Routing. These were missing in the RC but present in Beta 2. The RTM is clean (and I notice that the web.config is cleaner, too).
  • A newer version of jQuery is included in the default Scripts folder (1.4.1) along with the corresponding VSDOC file.

I don’t know if it’s just because I also cleaned out all the beta/RC/LCTP bits, but after this refresh the IDE seems a little more snappy.

All in all, I’m glad Microsoft took the extra time to address optimization concerns. We all had plenty of time to contribute any comments or suggestions and they have clearly listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment