This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Installation of TFS 2010

If you’re installing Team Foundation Server 2010 and you run into error TF255352 you might have a problem with your firewall.

Here’s the text of the message:

Permissions could not be verified because an error occurred while communicating with the following report server: [my server] 

And also, in a second warning:

The server returned the following error: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.

I missed a step in the install guide (how can you not…it’s just under four billion pages hehehe) and didn’t configure my firewall.  After adding the required port exceptions, I reran the pre-check, got all green lights, and installation continued as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment