This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2

It’s out and it’s rockin’.  I’ve been running it on a VM and, after Beta 1, it’s considerably faster (and truth be told, I wasn’t really complaining about performance on Beta 1).

Per Phil Haack’s post on ASP.Net MVC 2 Preview 2, I was expecting some tooling for MVC in this build, but alas, it did not make it into the release.  I’m really digging the idea of built-in tool support for areas, something that MVC is already paining me to require (and I suppose I’ll have to get the bits for 2008 to use the feature).

There seems to be less chrome, as well, per this dual-purposed screen capture:

image

One feature I am glad to see in the mix is the ability to close a child window in the IDE that does not have focus.  When you hover over a tab, a small X is displayed in the highlight area allowing you to close a document without having to switch to it first.  This is something I actually recommended to the IDE folks. So, yeah, I’ll take credit for that one.  ;o)  …and I’m sure no one else asked hehehe…

No comments:

Post a Comment