This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

…and Vista Vanishes

The last computer in my life not running Windows 7 is my primary development machine.  Today, in approximately 49 minutes, that’s all about to change:

image

I’m actually only going to be running this for a while…this machine is SO old school…at least six months old! 

The order for my new beast of a machine is off to Dell:

  • i7 quad core processor – this is rated FOUR TIMES faster than my current processor config.  Nice.
  • 8Gb Ram
  • 1TB hard drive on Raid 0
  • Windows 7…huzzah!
  • 1Gb graphics with 2xDVI output plus two USB video adapters, which I need for the…
  • Dell 21.5” multi-touch monitor…huzzah!  …along with the other three monitors tied to my system: 24” Wide, and 2x19” 4:3

So, this computer (now a mere 43 minutes away from Win7) will only serve me for a few weeks in a primary capacity.  Then it gets nuked for a clean OS install for the next owner.

We’re also very close to deploying our new NAS solution which will give me 6TB on raid 5 with 100MB/sec (yes, full gigabit transfer rates, woot!) just an IP address away. 

Ah…to be a geek!

No comments:

Post a Comment