This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Tools Round-up

I am in the process of setting up my development VM and taking a little inventory for the apps that I find indispensible on a weekly – if not daily – basis. 

Here they are, in no particular order:

  • The lastest version of Visual Studio with any available service packs
  • The WPF Toolkit and MVVM Template
  • Karl Schifflett’s XAML Power Toys
  • SQL Server Express
  • SQL Server Management Studio/tools
  • Reflector
  • Resharper
  • Regulator
  • Chrome and IE8
  • OneNote.  Yes, OneNote, seriously…
  • Microsoft Virtual PC

These keep me working and productive.  I suppose I should also mention Office apps in general (Outlook, Word, Excel) but I’m one of those crazies that thinks those should just be baked into the OS already…or immediately available through a browser with just the right amount of functionality that I never have to wait for…

No comments:

Post a Comment