This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Canadians Pay for Music

…but you have to let us at it.

In 2010 Canadians purchased 31.5 million albums.  Folks, that’s darn near the equivalent of one CD per person in the country.

I’m guessing the average album would have sold around the $10 mark.  A digital music store would have taken $3.33 of that.

I hate to continually flog the Zune folks here, but I fail to understand how there is absolutely NO UPDATE or additional information of music in the Zune Marketplace. I started following a few threads in the forums and it seems there is a rising level of frustration, more with the fact that there are no straight answers.

Like I’ve previously said, tell me who the hold up is, and I’d be happy to chase resolution.

This is a market worth 1/3 of a billion dollars, and one that will continue to grow when Canadians have access to reasonable digital content from multiple competitors at a fair price.

No comments:

Post a Comment