This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Friday, March 19, 2010

This is going to be a Great Ride

Scott Guthrie has posted the “hello world” for building a Windows Phone 7 Series app using Visual Studio 2010 and Silverlight.

imageAbout six months ago I did a pilot project on iPhone development and I must say it left me shaking my head. The IDE was, well, non-existent compared the mature MS platform.

Today, I wake to this blog post from Mr. Guthrie and I’m left shaking my head again: how will you be able to keep developers off of this platform?!

Simplicity and Complexity

If your mom passes away and a 15 year-old nephew says, ‘hey, it’s going to be okay,’ that’s simplicity before complexity. When it’s you’re great uncle, who’s lost his wife, his brother and outlived one of his children, that is simplicity after complexity and it means something completely different.

I think this is the story of development on smart phone platforms today.

The Objective C platform feels like a 15 year pimply kid. Microsoft’s message is quite different: “yeah, we get it.” And it is going to mean all the world of difference in the development world.

I can’t wait to get my hands on my upcoming Dell SX2210T to experience the full joys of this development story…

No comments:

Post a Comment