This blog has, IMO, some great resources. Unfortunately, some of those resources are becoming less relevant. I'm still blogging, learning tech and helping others...please find me at my new home on http://www.jameschambers.com/.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Almost Without a Hitch…

I was able to get through one big upgrade of Windows Vista 64bit to Windows 7 (also 64bit) today in about 2.5 hours.  That included transferring over 1 million user files, programs and settings.  No hang-ups, no problems, except for this one:

imageSetup has detected that the .NET Framework version 4 needs to be repaired. Do not restart your computer until Setup is complete.

So, it got pretty close, but there were some casualties along the way.  Now, that said, I’m using Beta 2 bits for Visual Studio 2010, and on a big plus – after waiting about 20 minutes a little worried about a freeze – I got the ever-rewarding message telling me I was ready to go:

image

Other than that, my development machine and all of it’s endless list of software seem to be running a treat in the land of Windows 7…

No comments:

Post a Comment